Welcome to my review of Cornerstone Bullion! Is Cornerstone Bullion a SCAM? Furthermore, are they really a trusted source of precious metals?
Well, let's get to know who they are as they claim to be the #1 Rated Precious Metals Dealer Online! However, is this true or just a marketing strategy?
So, let's reveal the truth about Cornerstone Bullion!
Cornerstone Bullion Summary Review
- Name: Cornerstone Bullion
- Website: https://www.cornerstonebullion.com/
- CEO/Owner: Chad Roach
- Price: No Minimum/Maximum
- Rating: 4.2/5.0
What is Cornerstone Bullion?
Cornerstone Bullion is a precious metals dealer in the US. Plus, the company is privately owned, family-operated, and has no debt.
Additionally, they are also fully compliant with federal and state requirements while safeguarding our clients’ privacy and security.
Furthermore, Cornerstone Bullion is also a member of the ICTA (Industry Council on Tangible Assets) and has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
Products of Cornerstone Bullion
Here are the products that Cornerstone Bullion offers:
American Gold Eagle
The American Gold Eagle is minted by the US Mint at West Point, New York, and contains 1 troy oz of gold.
Also, Gold eagles are one of the most respected and recognized gold bullion coins in the world, and certainly in the US. Furthermore, no other gold coin enjoys such popularity, respect, and liquidity among American investors as the US Gold Eagle.
American Gold Buffalo
This coin was released first by the US Mint in 2001 for investors seeking the ultimately pure gold bullion coin. Moreover, as a 24-Karat, .9999 Fine Gold coin, the Buffalo is prized by investors for its brilliant appearance and rich design.
Austrian Silver Philharmonic
Introduced by the Austrian government to the European community in 2002, the silver Philharmonic quickly became recognized around the world as an investor-grade bullion coin.
Additionally, the silver Philharmonic is a great option for a lower-cost silver bullion coin that still retains good worldwide recognizability.
Silver Elemetal Bars
The 10 oz Elemetal bar is almost unbeatable for its high manufacture quality and low price.
Furthermore, this 10 oz bar is a staple for investors looking for cheap silver from a recognizable source.
Platinum & Palladium
Canadian Palladium Eagle
The Palladium coin market is largely dominated by the Canadian Palladium Maple Leaf. Additionally, as the sister coin to the Canadian gold and platinum maple coins, the palladium maple leaf coin enjoys great trust and confidence in North America and around the world. This .9995 pure coin bears a $50 face value and is IRA eligible.
Australian Platypus Platinum Coin
The Australian Perth mint starting minting the Platypus coin in 2011.
However, the coins have quickly become popular for investors who are looking for an internationally recognized coin from an internationally recognized producer, yet at a reasonable cost.
Also, the Platypus coin is approved for IRA investment, is .9995 pure, and not subject to 1099-B when selling to a dealer.
How Does Cornerstone Bullion Work?
You can buy precious metals from Cornerstone Bullion! Below, you can find the steps on how to buy from them:
- First, decide what you want to buy.
- Second, set up an account & lock in your order. To lock in order, they will take down your order and set up an account for you with your name, shipping, and contact.
- Next, you must pay for your order. They accept payment via bank wire, check, and in some cases, cash or cashier’s check.
- Then, the tracking number is emailed to you.
- Lastly, you will receive your shipment. They normally ship insured through USPS, UPS, or FedEx, depending on the size of the order and its destination.
Do you have precious metals with you? Below, you can sell them on Cornerstone Bullion through the following steps:
- First, lock in a price. Call them and let them know what you’d like to sell—they will buy almost any form of precious metal coins/bars. However, they don't buy jewelry or scrap.
- Second, ship your package.
- Once you confirm a sale to Cornerstone Bullion over the phone, you will receive a written trade confirmation via email. Print that confirmation, insert it in an insured USPS box or envelope, and ship your metals to Cornerstone Bullion.
- Next, send them a confirmation of your shipment.
- Lastly, they will send you the payment.
- Cornerstone Bullion will send you a check within 1-2 business days of receiving your package and confirming its contents. They will overnight your check for a $19 charge.
Do you want a Precious Metals IRA?
Here are the steps in getting a precious metals IRA:
- Choose a Custodian. Cornerstone has relationships with the industry’s top IRA custodians to help you purchase, receive and store your precious metals in a secure, insured storage facility. So for IRA custodians, their preferred custodian is The Entrust Group. However, they also listed other custodians like GoldStar Trust Company, New Direction IRA, and The Kingdom Trust Co.
- Fund your IRA. You can fund your new IRA account with a check or bank wire from your personal funds, or you can roll over funds from your existing IRA account.
- Purchase Metals. Once your new IRA Precious Metals account is funded, place an order with Cornerstone Bullion for any IRA-approved precious metals you would like to buy.
Below, I have listed information that I thought you should know.
The Entrust Group
$50 account setup fee, $199 yearly account maintenance fee
GoldStar Trust Company
$50 account setup free, $75 yearly minimum fee for account maintenance, $100 yearly storage fee
The Kingdom Trust Company
$0 Setup fee, $120 annual fee for precious metals holdings
New Direction IRA
$30 online account setup fee, $150 annual account maintenance fee
Delaware Depository Services Company (DDSC)
CNT Depository, Inc.
Brink’s Global Services USA Inc.
Springfield Gardens, NY
Los Angeles, CA
Salt Lake City, UT
Dakota Depository Company (DDC)
Idaho Armoured Vaults, LLC
Different kinds of IRA/tax-deferred accounts
Precious Metals in a traditional IRA is stored in a third-party storage facility until the time comes when you want to take a disbursement or liquidate them. However, not every IRA custodians allow for precious metals in their services. In order to start, you can either create an account or rollover an existing IRA account.
A Roth IRA is similar to a traditional IRA; however, your tax liability of and distribution rules are different. This is mainly because you have already paid taxes on the money.
401K plans are usually given by a company to their employees as a form of retirement plan. However, you can take your 401k from your company and roll it over into an IRA. Then, you can start adding precious metals to your IRA account. Furthermore, you can also have a self-directed 401k if you are self-employed. With a self-directed 401k, you are allowed to have precious metals IRA and you can store the metal yourself.
Popular Bullion Products Allowed in an IRA
Reviews and Ratings of Cornerstone Bullion
Below, you can find Cornerstone Bullion ratings and reviews online.
- Trustlink - 5 out of 5 based on 3 customer reviews
- BBB - A+ Accredited Business, no customer reviews or complaints
- BCA - AAA rated, no customer reviews
So, it seems that customer reviews of Cornerstone Bullion is scarce. Does this mean that Cornerstone Bullion is a scam? Well, not really. It could just mean that their service is mediocre that customers does not even bother to leave a positive or negative review.
However, if this is a turnoff for you then I suggest you check out Goldco. Goldco is a precious metals company that has hundreds of positive customer reviews.
What I Like About Cornerstone Bullion
No Minimum/Maximum Order
They have no minimum or maximum order for their clients. Moreover, they have no minimums or maximums that Cornerstone Bullion will purchase. However, pricing, trade terms, and the purchase amount are subject to the sole discretion of their sales department.
For all silver orders of 500+ oz, and all gold orders of 20+ oz, shipping is free. Also, in every order all shipping charges will be included in the final quote you receive from Cornerstone Bullion.
What I Don't Like About Cornerstone Bullion
Does NOT use an E-Commerce Approach
Their website is well-detailed; however, they do not use an e-commerce approach wherein you can directly PLACE YOUR ORDER of precious metals with transparency in prices and availability.
Cornerstone Bullion has LIMITED REVIEWS. So, I'm not so sure if they are performing very well or not. They have high ratings but very limited reviews on most websites.
Is Cornerstone Bullion a SCAM?
From what we have reviewed, we can see that they have a lot to offer.
They are a good company and very transparent when it comes to their management, what they sell, or what services do they offer. Well, Is Cornerstone Bullion a Scam?
To summarize, Cornerstone Bullion is NOT A SCAM.
However, since they do not focus much on expanding their business, it seems that they have a small number of clients given that there are limited reviews available online.
But since they are all positive, that's a good sign that we can trust them.
What we are talking about here in this review is WHERE TO INVEST OUR HARD-EARNED MONEY.
Furthermore, this money is the retirement money that we aim to protect against different volatilities in the market. In conclusion, we should put them in a company that's trusted by many and that can support us until our retirement.
So, I would recommend GOLDCO.
This company is a leader in the precious metals industry, with over a decade of experience helping customers protect their retirement savings. If you have an IRA, 401(k), 403(b), TSP, savings, or similar tax-advantaged retirement account. Furthermore, a Goldco Specialist can help you protect those assets with a Precious Metals IRA.
Just click below to know more about them!
Thank you for reading our review of Cornerstone Bullion!