Disclosure: "the owner of this website may be paid to recommend Goldco, the content on this website including any positive reviews of Goldco and other reviews, may not be independent."
Welcome to my 2023 Goldco review.
What does Goldco offer? How do I invest in them? What services do they offer? How much does it cost?
All this and more will be answered in this in-depth Goldco review!
What Is Goldco?
Goldco is a company that helps you secure your existing Individual Retirement Account (IRA) by converting it into a Gold IRA.
So, if you want your wealth and assets secured at their finest, Goldco is the one for you. Goldco is a company that specializes in helping you protect your assets.
They are top-rated by trusted and renowned business and review websites such as Better Business Bureau, Consumer Affairs, Trustpilot, and Trustlink.
Investing with Goldco
Investing in Goldco is easy as pie. If you have an existing IRA whether it is 401 (k), 403 (b), or any other qualified retirement account, you can have them converted into a Gold or Silver IRA.
They even offer direct sales of their precious metals in coin or bullion forms. This can certainly catch the interest of collectors and investors!
Goldco even has a team of precious metals specialists in which they will guide and support you as you go through all the steps of investing and protecting your retirement savings which took you basically all your life to earn.
Goldco has been in the industry for more than a decade. Trust me, they know what they are doing. Thousands of customers trust their services and are satisfied with how they do their work.
The Goldco team is committed. They remain to their commitment with the conviction of helping individuals like you protect, secure, and even grow your hard-earned retirement savings.
Goldco offers different types of services to suit your palette, some are as follows:
Gold IRA from Goldco
A Gold IRA is a type of IRA where precious metals like physical gold and other types of approved precious metals are being held in custody on behalf of the owner (or the IRA account owner).
The purpose of it is the same as a traditional IRA. The difference is that you are holding physical gold or precious metals instead of paper assets.
Under a Gold IRA, you can own physical gold, silver, platinum, and palladium. This comes with a minimum IRS requirement in terms of quality levels.
Given that Gold is the most commonly purchased precious metals, most people even those with other types of precious metals IRA call their accounts as Gold IRA.
Investors eye a Gold IRA because they believe that it is a necessity for a diversified investment portfolio.
The idea of having a gold investment is that when stock markets are down and even if the global economy is failing, the value of gold and precious metals are almost unaffected by it.
It is the best choice of investment because you are holding real and physical assets instead of stocks, bonds, mutual funds, etc.
A Gold IRA is a tax-advantaged investment account that allows people with an existing traditional IRA to invest in it easily!
Other reasons to choose a Gold IRA are:
- The Tax Advantages it offers (where Gold gets to accrue tax-free gains)
- Easy Rollover from Existing Retirement Accounts
- Incomparable Financial Stability (since Gold is the basis of many currencies around the world!)
- Remarkable Growth and Wealth Appreciation
- Diversifying your assets to save you from inflation, currency risk, etc.!
Silver IRA from Goldco
Just the same as the idea of a Gold IRA, a Silver IRA is another service offered by Goldco to protect and secure your assets.
Silver is a good investment choice because of its:
- Growing industrial demand and Low Above-Ground Supplies
- Protection from Trusted Custodians (To keep your investments safe and sound even during an economic crisis)
- Transparency (Where you’ll see the worth of your investments in any newspaper)
The required minimum purchase at Goldco to start a gold IRA is $25,000. Goldco’s preferred Custodian charges a flat annual account service fee which includes a one-time IRA account set-up fee of $50, as well as a $30 wire fee.
Annual maintenance is $100, and storage is $150 for segregated storage or $100 for non-segregated storage.
Fees for gold storage and custodianship can vary depending on the company you select to handle these services (required by the IRS, as all IRA assets must be managed by a custodian).
Depending on the Custodian, storage fees can range from $10 to $60 per month, or as a percentage of assets, from 0.35% to 1% annually. Goldco does not charge any storage fees for cash transactions over $25,000.
How is The Support?
Goldco‘s representatives are very hands-on when it comes to providing superior service!
They are very timely and informative.
They are well-trained to be helpful, friendly and they always keep your mind at ease when you’re worried about your assets.
Goldco’s Reviews & Complaints
Goldco has a 4.92/5 rating on BBB which is an excellent rating, and they also have tons of positive reviews!
Some of the reviews and comments can be found below!
How to Start a Goldco Precious Metals IRA
I think by now you’re pretty much decided on investing in a Gold IRA from Goldco.
Here are the steps to do to become an investor:
- Know what type of Gold IRA you want and will best suit you! You can choose from a conventional type of Gold IRA that requires pre-tax dollars or a Roth gold IRA that requires post-tax dollars.
- Choose the source of your funds! This can vary from a 401(k), 403(b), 457(b), TSP plan, traditional IRA, Roth IRA, SEP-IRA, SIMPLE IRA, or any other qualified retirement plan you have!
- Get a Custodian! Now that you have your own gold, you can’t just hide it under your bed, you need a custodian to store it with and Goldco will help you with that.
- Have your Gold IRA funded! If you roll over your existing IRAs into a gold one, you have to sell your assets from your existing accounts and roll them to your gold IRA. But, no worries! precious metals Specialists from Goldco got your back and will make sure that your funds are properly distributed into your new Gold IRA.
- Buy that Gold! Now, you can choose which type of precious metals you want to buy and would best suit your needs. Goldco Representatives will work with you to provide you what you need!
What I Like About Goldco
#1 BuyBack Program
Goldco offers a buyback program in which they will buy back from you the physical precious metals or sell them through the metals market when a customer begins distributions from their IRA.
#2 Great Customer Service
Goldco provides excellent customer service because of their hands-on team that will never get tired of answering your queries and providing support all throughout the process!
#3 Low Fees
Goldco has low fees compared to other precious companies, also, Non-IRA transactions have zero fees.
#4 Goldco’s Educational Resources
Goldco gives customers essential learning tools and resources to customers of all kinds to guide their way to investing and rolling over to Gold IRA!
Goldco even has a team to provide you the answers you need when a question arises to you!
#5 Too Many Satisfied Customers!
Goldco is undeniably the best of its kind!
- BBB = A+ accredited business since 2011! 4.93/5 star rating from 104 customer reviews
- Trustlink = 5-star rating based on 253 reviews and complaints
- Trustpilot = 4.8/5 star rating based on 564 reviews
What I Don't Like About...
#1 They don’t have an account setup application online
Sadly, Goldco hasn’t yet offered an account setup application online. So, what you need to do is to give them or email them and have you supported by them personally!
#2 Their IRA Minimum Deposit is $25,000
Goldco’s minimum deposit is $25,000.
That’s quite a big amount for starters. So, it is a commitment and an investment at the same time! You better get yourself ready!
Is Goldco A Scam?
In this Goldco review, I assure you that GOLDCO IS NOT A SCAM!
You can trust this company with your investments, especially with the existing retirement account you have.
Your assets and the hard-earned money you have from all your years of working are safe with Goldco, they have been in the industry for more than a decade and have gained the trust and confidence of many customers and investors!
Got questions? Comments? Just comment below your thoughts and queries!