Welcome to our Birch Gold Group 2022 updated review!
Is Birch Gold Group a Scam?
Let us get to know what Birch Gold Group is. The products offered by Birch Gold Group, what are their ratings and reviews, and what are the pros and cons of Birch Gold
Read this and more in this review!
Birch Gold Group Summary Review
- Name: Birch Gold Group
- Website: https://www.birchgold.com/
- CEO: Peter Schiff
- Price: $180 annual cost; $10,000 minimum investment
- Rating: 4.8/5
What is Birch Gold Group?
Birch Gold Group is a dealer of precious metals. They are a company that helps and supports Americans in rolling over their existing traditional Individual Retirement Account (IRA) into a Gold or Precious Metal IRA.
Traditional IRAs are retirement accounts in which you invest in stocks, mutual funds, etc. which are considered as paper assets.
However, they are known for their dependence on the economy’s strength.
Thus, the better choice is to depend on something that is not highly dependent on the economy, and that is Gold or Precious Metals!
With Birch Gold Group, you can directly purchase gold and precious metals! Or you can roll over your existing accounts into a gold IRA.
Birch Gold has been in the industry since 2003 under private ownership!
They are known for their one-on-one approach on helping customers diversify their investment portfolios or savings through investing in precious metals.
Birch Gold Group Products
The Birch Gold Group has a wide selection of precious metals, from gold, silver, and the likes.
On their website, Birch Gold Group indicates a well-detailed description of the products.
They have a wide variety of gold products like the American Buffalo which is a 24-karat bullion coin, American Gold Eagle (Bullion) which was first released in 1986, the Canadian Gold Maple Leaf conceived in 1978, and many more…
Aside from this, they also offer silver coins such as America the Beautiful Silver series which was a coin authorized by Congress, the American Silver Eagle (bullion) issued in 1986 after the 1985 Liberty Coin Act, the Morgan Silver Dollar which proved its stability against inflation, and many more…
Birch Gold Group also offers platinum coins such as the American Platinum Eagle which was produced by the U.S.
Mint and is considered the official platinum bullion coin of America, and Platinum Bars and Rounds.
Palladium coins are also available in Birch Gold, they offer the Canadian Palladium Maple Leaf which was produced by the Royal Canadian Mint (RCM) in November 2005.
They also offer Palladium Bars and Rounds.
Why Convert to a Precious Metals IRA?
Birch Gold Group offers Precious Metals IRA. These are accounts that enable you to diversify with the use of gold and silver.
Most people choose to convert their traditional IRA into a Precious Metals IRA because they believe that this helps them maintain a good value for their retirement accounts despite inflation, devaluation of currencies, and fluctuation of different investments.
When you diversify your account, you will be able to get:
- A protected space or vault for your assets. With the use of precious metals, your assets are protected, and may even earn during times of economic hardship. Historically, precious metals revealed their power to endure and even grow their prices even if the dollar falls
- So, it is considered by many as their “safe haven”.
- A good hedge against inflation. Inflation always occurs, however, we may not feel it as time goes by but once there is a great change when it comes to inflation, you’ll surely feel its effect.
- Inflation occurs when the dollar that we have can no longer buy the same product that we can a while ago. But, precious metals are not that much affected by inflation! They are not subjected to the same fluctuations in value that our currencies experience.
- Consistent value. Precious metals are considered to have intrinsic value! They can retain the value and worth that they have over time. That is one of the advantages of investing in precious metals, they are not subjected to economic trouble just like currencies which are ‘just pieces of paper’.
- Perform even if the dollar falls. If the dollar’s value reduces, values of precious metals like gold, silver, and the likes are increasing! So, if you want to stabilize your retirement portfolio, invest in precious metals!
How to Convert to a Precious Metals IRA?
If you want to convert your existing traditional IRA into a precious metals IRA, Birch Gold Group will help you using the following steps (without tax penalties or implications):
- Get that Precious Metals IRA and pick how you’ll fund it. You can choose from transferring an IRA or will you roll over your 401 (k) into a self-directed IRA. You can roll over your traditional IRA, your Roth IRA, your SEP IRA, Simple IRA, or other eligible retirement plans or accounts into a precious metals IRA. After getting funds, you’ll now be able to purchase precious metals!
- Choose the precious metals you’ll be investing in. With Birch Gold Group, you can choose from a wide array of precious metals that are gold, silver, platinum, and palladium in nature!
- Keep your precious metals. If you think you can keep your precious metals at home, then you’re wrong. Apparently, there are insured depositories available for the storage of your precious metals. Brink’s Global Service and Delaware Depository can even offer insurance of up to $1 billion.
- Monitor your IRA! You may call your precious metals specialist if you want an update about your investment.
Birch Gold Group Ratings and Reviews
Birch Gold Group is known for the customer satisfaction they provide.
- They are maintaining an A+ rating in BBB.
- Birch Gold Group is an authorized partner of Consumer Affairs and has an almost 5-star rating!
- They are Excellent with a 4.8-star rating out of 5 in Trustpilot.
- They are a Preferred Member of Trustlink.
Some of the reviews and ratings can be seen below!
Birch Gold Group Pros & Cons
What I Like About Birch Gold Group
Customer reviews are mostly positive
Birch Gold Group is a company that takes time and effort when it comes to understanding the investment goals of different individuals.
They do their best to provide the right information so that customers can decide properly.
They prioritize education and communication
One of the priorities of Birch Gold is to provide the necessary education and answer the queries of customers.
They even have a massive library that includes comparisons of physical and paper gold, what to look for in a financial advisor, and scams that you should be aware of!
They have a wide array of articles about Precious Metals IRA, and other stuff about it. So, they can pretty much get you educated enough with whatever type of precious metals you want to invest in.
No fees the first year on transfers over $50,000
This is one of the privileges of new customers who invests $50,000 upon opening their account. You’ll get to have no fees in your first year!
What I Don't Like About Birch Gold Group
The website mentions setup charges and annual fees without giving the cost
Sadly, Birch Gold Group is not that transparent when it comes to the fees on their website. So, if you think you can get the prices on their website, you won’t.
Products have well-detailed descriptions but not their prices
Their website catalog includes a well-detailed description of their products. However, one very important thing is missing– their prices.
No available online monitoring system
Since you’re investing, it is good to monitor how much money you are making or losing. However, to have updates on your investments, you must call your specialist in Birch Gold Group.
Is Birch Gold Group a Scam?
With its almost two-decade existence in the industry, Birch Gold Group is NOT A SCAM.
They specialize in Precious Metals IRA which includes Gold, Silver, Platinum, and Palladium. However, unlike other companies, they are not very transparent when it comes to prices.
Birch Gold Group also doesn’t try to convince customers to put all retirement eggs into one basket. This can be dangerous for your hard-earned retirement savings! So, be wary also!
Personally, I think there are better precious metals companies available out there.
One of which is Goldco! You can read all about them by clicking below!
Thanks For reading our 2022 updated birch Gold Review, and we hope you found it helpful!
You can leave your comments and thoughts below! Feel free to type your thoughts!